A Private Limited Company (PVT) offers limited liability for its shareholders with certain restrictions placed on the ownership. A Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) has partners, who own and manage the business. A private limited company registration, directors may be different from shareholders.
Our UK leadership places a greater emphasis on client service compared to other service providers in India. As a result, this has helped us to become the most preferred support partner in India.
The rules and regulations can be stressful to navigate and change often; our team and associates who possess a broad range of experiences are well-positioned to achieve your goals.
Why register a company in India?
Registering a company offers many benefits and is a legal way for you to carry out your business with added authenticity:
- Shields you from personal liability and protects you from risks and losses
- Attracts more customers
- Procures bank credits and allows you to access local banking and payment gateway options
- Offers liability protection to protect your company’s assets
- Greater capital contribution and greater stability
- Increases the potential upscale of your business
Checklist for registering a company in India
As defined under the Companies Act 2013, we have to ensure the following requirements:
Two directors or partners
A private limited company must have at least two directors and a limited liability partnership must have at least two partners. From the appointed directors or partners of the company, one must be a resident of India. We can help appoint a resident director or partner.
The name of your business must be unique. The suggested name should not match with any existing companies or trademarks in India.
Minimum Capital Contribution
There is no minimum capital amount for a company. A company should have an authorized capital of at least Rs. 1 lakh, roughly £1,000 currency equivalent.
The company must have a registered office in India and we can help source an available address if required.
Registration procedures • step by step
- Step 1: Application for DSC (Digital Signature Certificate).
- Step 2: Apply for the DIN (Director Identification Number)
- Step 3: Application for the name availability.
- Step 4: Filing of the EMoa and eAoA to register a private limited company
- Step 5: Apply for the PAN and TAN of the company
- Step 6: Issued certificate of incorporation by RoC with PAN and TAN
- Step 7: Opening a current bank account on the company name
One of the primary steps is to ensure that the company name has not already been taken by another legal entity. We can run a company name search to check the availability of the particular name in India against the MCA and trademark database.
We recommend that you submit three to four alternative names during the approval stage. The Ministry of Corporate Affairs will be the final authority to approve the name based on the availability rules and regulations.
If you are disappointed that a preferred name is taken, do remember that the name of your company doesn't have to be your brand name. However, if you're going to trademark your brand name, we will check to see if it has already been trademarked.
Company registration requires identity and address proof for all directors, shareholders and partners appointed. Listed below are the documents.
Identity And Address Proof
- Scanned copy of PAN card or passport
- Scanned copy of voter’s ID/passport/driver’s license
- Scanned copy of the latest bank statement/telephone or mobile bill/electricity or gas bill
- Scanned passport-sized photograph
For foreign nationals, an apostilled or notarized copy of the passport has to be submitted. All documents submitted should be valid. The residence proof documents such as a bank statement or an electricity bill must be less than 2 months old.
Why work with us
We provide a hands-on approach and act as your local, on-the-ground support partner.
Our advisers based in London and Madrid can help provide a personalised bridge to India. Get in touch to find out how our business support services can help you achieve more.
We think it better if you simply get in touch, our service standards include returning all missed calls and replying to emails within 24 hours without fail.